Tuesday 25 November 2014

Last Christmas DT card

Good Tuesday Morning Blog Friends

I hope you had a lovely weekend, and are raring to go for the rest of this week. I can't believe in less than a week I will start to put up my Christmas Decorations, It takes me at least a week to put them all up. My favourite is the fire surround. I absolutely love Christmas, but this year we have a few first's to overcome.

Anyway like I said the last Christmas DT card this month, and then on to my next challenge for next month, even more of a challenge for me.

Back to the last Christmas card. I have used practically every stamp in the partridge in a pear tree set. I hope it's not too much of an overload.

Please feel free to leave a comment, as I love to read your feedback

I hope you like it!












Products used:-

8x8 white card
Gold & silver Mirri card
Silver mica flakes
Distress ink- Wild honey,Tattered rose, and weathered wood.
Spellbinders- Large square dies
Sue Wilson-Festive collection- Pine bough
Cosmic shimmer embossing powder Gold silver black and true white
Cosmic Shimmer- Mica powder- rose pink gold & blue
Most of the stamps from- Partridge in a pear tree stamp pack

First of all I matt and layered an 8x8 white card with gold mirri and white card, added sticky strips for dimension, did the same with silver and white card and lastly added gold mirri  and white card for another dimension, but covered last layer of white card with a sticky sheet and covered with silver Mica flakes.

1st square, I stamped the partridge with clear medium covered with black embossing powder and heat embossed. I then used pink gold and blue mica powder with a water paint brush and coloured the partridge. I cut some twigs from the pine bough dies, stamped a couple of pine sprigs and heat embossed in silver and then st the partridge on top with sticky pads


2nd square stamped music verse stamp with clear medium then added true white embossing powder and heat embossed., matt and layered with a smaller square the finally stamped a sentiment, heat embossed in silver embossing powder and layered with sticky pads.

3rd square, just stamped sentiment and horn stamp with clear medium and heat embossed with silver embossing powder, and added very thin sticky pads for slight dimension.

I stamped all 3 of the small pear stamps in clear medium covered each one with a different embossing powder, Gold,silver and true white and heat embossed. The diamond embossed pear, I then coloured with pink, blue and honey distress ink same colours as the partridge to tie in the colour scheme.

Finally I matt and layered each square with several layers of card and sticky pads until each square was a different level.

Sounds a lot of work, but you could cut many squares at one time. It was good fun

Hope you like this card, please feel free to leave a comment.I hope you all have a happy and healthy and enjoyable up and coming week, and will see you all again soon.

Kind regards

 Tina XX

8 comments:

  1. Hi Tina,
    I really love this card. It is just so different but in a very nice way. I love the squares and I don't think it is too much at all.
    I really like that set and I actually hadn't seen it until I saw you using it.
    Love the colours too.
    I too love Christmas and all the decorations and lights . They really brighten up a dark time of the year. Only problem is - everything looks so bare when they come down!
    Thanks Tina, hope you are well.
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina. What is not to like/love about this card. It's stunning, each square compliments the other, it's beautifully balanced, and the colours are just perfect. Have to say we don't put up decorations apart from a garland long the top of the fire place and our tree, cottage is to small to do anything else. Used to go wild when we ran the ski lodge in Germany years ago as we had the space. Hope Claire is getting somewhere with her pain control, and Anthea is coping. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's lovely and a great way to use all the stamps. Thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina. Love your card. Would never have thought about using both gold and silver mirri together but I'm going to give it try now. Sue xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Tina,
    Oh what a wonderful card, love the idea of the squares for each image or sentiment....and the gold and silver mirri look gorgeous together. I would definitely never thought of doing that. Thank you for all the inspiration you give us Tina.
    Hugs to Claire and Andrea they're often in my thoughts.

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Tina, oh my word this card is stunning I love how you have done the squars,& really like the colours they look so rich
    Glad your enjoying being on the D T sad this is your last Christmas card this month,but looking forward to your next challenge your an inspiration. Hugs to Clare hope she is getting her pain sorted now Hug to Anthea they are in my thoughts love Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. In the years before his death, he was inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, ray ban sunglasses online joined the Traveling Wilburys, befriended David Lynch, and landed a new record contract. The album he was working on at the time of his death ended up selling better than anything else cheap ray bans he’d ever released, and he became the only artist since Elvis to have two albums posthumously in the Billboard Top 5 at the same time. Days before his death, he ray ban wayfarers online was still amazed by it all: “My life,” he said, “is a never-ending dream.”

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, I think your blog might be having browser compatibility issues. When I look at your website in Chrome, it looks fine but when opening in Internet Explorer, it has some overlapping. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Other then that, very good blog!
    driving sunglasses

    ReplyDelete