Tuesday 11 November 2014

Partridge in a pear tree



Good Tuesday morning all, I hope you had a good week-end and have an equally good week, as I have said at the bottom of this post a very different card from me again this week. My goodness, I am really out of my comfort zone but really enjoying it. Thank you all for taking the time to visit my blog, where you will always be more than welcome. Have a good day everyone.








products use:-

8x8 Black card
Creative Expressions- Vintage Silver card
CE card- Black
CE card- white
Mari bu feathers
CE- Partridge in a pear tree stamp range
CE- Diamond sparkles
Sue Wilson- Festive collection- Pine Bough
Gold thread from my stash
Cosmic Shimmer- Gold & Silver embossing powder
Spellbinders- Heirloom 2012 baubles die
Spellbinders- Labels 33
Tim Holtz- Black soot distress ink


I  started with my black 8x8  card, I then cut a slightly smaller piece of card in silver, then another slightly smaller in white card. I then cut an aperture using Heirloom 2012 largest die in the middle of all three, and then embossed the white card with tiny dots EF. Then I put sticky pads on the back of the silver and white card for dimension and Matt and layered them. I stamped the large pear four times and heat embossed two in silver and two in gold and cut them out., then scored them all down the centre  folded them along the score line and glued them together to make a bauble and did the same for the four leaves. I used Cosmic shimmer dries clear glue through the middle and around the edges of the pears and put diamond sparkles on the glued areas, then put a length of gold thread through the centre of the pear bauble and glued it to the middle Matt of silver card. Then using the Pine bough dies I cut 3 of the pine and 1 of the twigs and arranged them to the side of the bauble aperture. I then stamped a partridge and coloured it with water colour pencils, cut it out and mounted it on top of the pine and twigs. Finally I cut a sentiment  out and while still in the die I gave it a shadow using black soot, attached sticky pads to the back and adhered it to the bottom of my card.

The first card I made for Creative Expressions was very different for me, and this one is even more so. I really hope you like my 2nd  attempt. Please feel free to leave a comment. I'll look forward to hearing them.

Hopefully I will get some time to make a usual Tina card at some point this week, as last week was manic. Because Claire was taken back into hospital.

Kind Regards :-)

Tina XX

12 comments:

  1. Hi Tina,
    WOW! WOW! WOW! What an exquisite card! It truly is a special card. Love how you have done the bauble in the aperture and the added feathers are a delight!! Just so stunning.
    CE must be so glad they found you Tina as I am proud to have found your beautiful blog....you are doing them proud!1

    Love Sheila xx

    Love Sheila xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my Tina this card is absolutely fantastic, so very beautiful indeed , love everything you have done, this card is stunning with such a touch of luxury with the feathers. You may feel you are out of your comfort zone but this is wonderful you are discovering new adventures in card making and going from strength to strength, keep up the good work.
    With all the worry and pressure you have had this last week it is astounding how you have been able to make such a wonderful card, you are a true wonder woman indeed.
    Love to Claire and Anthea hope all is going well.
    With love
    Margaret xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Morning Tina
    Wow! What a truly fabulous card you've given us this morning it's beautiful. I love how you've added the feathers it gives the card a luxurious look.
    Hugs x
    Heather
    PS love to Claire

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Tina, this is a very beautiful card, and I would be so pleased if I had the ability to make it.i will be following your blog to learn more. Thank you.
    X Ros

    ReplyDelete
  5. We'll Tina you may be out of your comfort zone, but this is just stunning and so different. The way you have done that pear is just wonderfull. I just love your whole layout and design. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Tina WOW this card is stunning you are so very talented your doing CE proud,they must be so pleased they chose you for there DT
    I love how you have done the pear in the aperture its gorgeous. Sending love to you & Clare hope she is doing ok & feeling better Hugs Lynda xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - gorgeous and unusual - luv it xx Sorry to hear the news about Claire- hopefully things will get sorted this time around xx GailT xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love those feathers, a great idea on a beautiful card.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good morning Tina,
    Sorry i didn't comment on your beautiful WOT yesterday but mind was other wise engaged and just couldn't concentrate on anything. I love you in your comfort zone but wow i love the cleanness and actual simplicity of this beautiful Wonder of Tina today. The pear is so cute and a real different take on the rhyme. Thank you for sharing with us Tina your miniature masterpiece as it is stunningly different,
    Love and crafty hugs
    Norah (Glenochil Village)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello again Tina, just gorgeous, I love the design and the fab embellishments, hugs Kate x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Tina,
    You posted this lovely card when I was in Scotland and we had virtually no Internet signal for most of each day! I think this is a lovely card and you have really thought " outside the box". Many congratulations . Hope you are well.
    Thank you,
    Love Myra x

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'll be back asap! thanks for the hook ups contiki. Crossing the border to France tomorrow.' he captioned the post. Timberland Sale Since Nathan is off the market he will not be flirting with local ladies while overseas, however it's a different story for Ryan who has told Daily Mail Australia that he is 'absolutely single' Timberland Outlet online after it was believed he was dating fellow housemate Katie Schepis.

    ReplyDelete