Tuesday 2 December 2014

My 1st Dec DT Card


Good Tuesday morning blog friends

I hope you all had a good weekend. My weekend consisted of clearing up after an elderly puss cat (Summer), and a hubby that ended up in A&E. He was doing gardening and putting new fascias and guttering around to bungalow, he came in, his eye streaming  to see if I could see anything in it. It was completely red, that was on Saturday, by Sunday it looked dreadful, so I said it's A&E for you. They said what ever it was that was in his eye had gone with the eye watering so much but what ever it was had cut the cornea. So he has antibiotic cream to put in. Well what can I say, when  Claire & Craig were little they didn't make as much fuss when taking their medicine. MEN!.

Anyway I digress, the stamps we were sent for this month are even more of a challenge than last month, but I'm up for that. No flowers or butterflies on this card though.







Products used :-

8x8 white card
Creative Expressions- foundation black card
       "               "         foundation White card
Gold mirri card
Creative Expressions- black embossing powder
Creative Expressions- Tea & Biscuits stamp
Tim Holtz distress inks- Vintage photo & Wild honey
Gems- from my stash
Tea cup- from my stash
Sue Wilson Embossing folder
Sue Wilson California collection- Corner, border & Tags

 First I matt & layered Gold and black card to the main 8x8 card, then did another set of matt & layering, only slightly smaller but bossed the black card with the basket weave EF and only 3/4 of the way down the black card. With odds and ends of the white, mirri & black card I made a ribbon to go across the bottom of the embossed part of the card. Before attaching I used Sue's Border die, in gold mirri and glued it to the back of the ribbon then glued to the bottom of the card. I stamped the Tea and Biscuit stamp onto white card and while still in the die I added some shade with distressing inks. I cut an oval frame out of remaining embossed card and layered with sticky pads. Just to finish I added some black gems and a cup an saucer from my stash.
 

I hope you like it! I would love you to leave a comment, and look forward to reading them.


See again you soon!

Kind Regards :-)

Tina XX

9 comments:

  1. My goodness what a weekend you had, poor Paul it is him that needs the tea, biscuits and sympathy too, I hope he is getting lots!
    Well this is so very different for you Tina but absolutely stunning, the stamps may be a challenge but they are really bringing out your super creativity, love it, really I do.
    With love
    Margaret corgi owner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tina. I can see why this set of stamps was more of s challenge for you, but you have come up with another stunning card. Poor Paul I know what you mean about them being worse than children, Charlie just the same. But I will say that is a sore thing to get, had that years ago and I means years but I can still feel the pain. Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Tina,
    What a challenge - but everyone at Creative Expressions thought you were more than up to the challenge and you proved them right!
    I think I would have sat staring at the wall for quite a long time. Well done! Your card is lovely.
    Do hope your husband has recovered! A&E is a challenge to everyone. So pleased the outcome was good. My husband has a cold and the tissues in the house are the wrong size!
    It's best to just say Men ! Just as you did!
    Keep up the good work.
    Was pleased to read your daughter's Matron of Honour is making good progress.
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Myra, my heart goes out to you too X

      Delete
    2. Hi Tina wow you certainly smashed the challenge that creative exspressions gave you, your card is gorgeous
      I love the colours you've used well done. I hope your hubby is ok ( Men !!! ) hope Claire & Anthea are doing ok.
      Love Lynda xx

      Delete
    3. Thank you Lynda for your lovely comment,these stamps are definitely not to every ones taste, but it's a challenge I really look forward to working on. Wait till you see the cuties in January. My lips are sealed.

      I'm really worried about Claire, she is in so much pain, but because of the full on Schedule at school with Christmas I can't get her to go back in any way shape or form, and the head is not very sympathetic and expects her to work till 6pm or later, and she gets to school between 7-00 - 7-30am. So she says there is no time to go to the doctors.

      Regarding Anthea, she started radiotherapy today with a more intense procedure and,has another couple of the same treatment, and finally on the 11th she has her final part of the treatment. She had some results to a scan last week and it has shrunk to less than half the size, and looking really very good. Claire went to see her last weekend, and she said she looked so good and even managed to go Christmas shopping all day. Thank you for all your heartfelt messages regarding the two girls. X

      Love Tina XX

      Delete
  4. Hi Tina,
    I guess that being on a design team sets you some real challenges, but I must say you are meeting them head on. This is certainly not your usual style, but I do like the card, although these stamps are very limited use ones.
    I know how it is with husbands and their eyes. It took a few days to get mine to A&E, didn't think they would see him when he got a bit metal in his eye. I think they would rather sit and complain to us, after all, is that not our role in life!!

    Janice W

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well Tina what can I add to all the other lovely comments you receive, you are certainly meeting all the challanges CE are throwing at you and doing an amazing job.
    I'll add my 'MEN' to the list. All woosies (however you spell it) LOL.
    So looking forward to your January card.
    Oh well, onwards I go with my square eyes to try and get another 10 boxes of varying sizes decorated !
    Stay warm and safe dear lovelies.
    Hugs all round.
    Steph xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Monika Czubak, a running and fitness buyer for Life Style sports, ray ban wayfarers online urges women to ensure they are wearing the correct sports bra for the exercise they are doing. For cycling, yoga or pilates, cheap ray bans a fitted soft bra or crop top will give sufficient support and comfort. But when it comes to cardio exercise or aerobics, a supportive bra that minimises movement is essential. ray ban sunglasses online When running or doing intensive activity, a high impact sports bra is imperative.

    ReplyDelete