Tuesday 28 April 2015

For My Friend



Good Tuesday morning to you all, and welcome to my blog.

I hope you all had a lovely weekend and hope the weather didn't stop you doing want you wanted to do. We had a fantastic weekend celebrating Claire and toby's 1st Anniversary, that I scheduled the unfinished blog and not the complete one .Sorry about that, so here it is.








First I matt and layered silver card lilac and white card, and embossed the white card with the Rambling Rose EF. I did a smaller matt and layer on a slightly smaller square but instead embossing the white card I cut the stamp from the dogwood flower frame stamps and cut away the frame so that it just left the spray of flowers. I stamped it with perfect medium and heat embossed it with silver embossing powder. I them added some water to various mice powers and painted them.

The focal point was made up of 1of the Rhodes dies, 2 of the tags two and linked the swirls to make the die larger. then cut the Scandinavian tag and stamped the sentiment. I then put sticky pads on each layer for extra dimension. Finally I cut for corners also from the Scandinavian set and added to each of the card to give a framed look.


Products Used:-

Cosmic Shimmer- Mica Powders- Pink , Purple, Gold & Blue/Green
Foundations Card- Lilac
Sentiment- Creative Expressions
CE- John Lockwood- Dogwood Flower Frame, only I cut the frame away
Cosmic Shimmer- Embossing Powder- Silver
Tim Holtz Distress Ink- Dusty Concord
Sue Wilson- EF- Rambling Rose
Sue Wilson- Scandinavian Collection- Corner border & Tags
Sue Wilson- Greek Island Collection- Rhodes
Spellbinders- Corners & Accents Two

Hope you like it

Big Hugs

Tina XX

18 comments:

  1. Hi Tina ,Is it me? I don't see a card.love Jane .

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just stunning! Tina. Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you hazel, how are you and your job going. are they still behaving them selves

      Big Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Hi Tina it's me again this time to comment on the card !Wow it's a beauty again Tina,really love it ,very elegant looking! Love Jane B.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jane

      Thank you, how silly am I. Even after talking to you yesterday I still didn't go and put the finishing touches to my blog. I remember sending all the details to CE and because of looking forward to Claire's anniversary get together I thought I had finished my blog too.

      Big Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  4. Hello Tina,
    What an elegant card today. I like how you colored your stamping with the mica powders, it adds a soft touch to the dogwoods. I'll have to try that sometime.

    Beverly

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Beverly, I'm glad you liked the card. It's a technique I really enjoy doing, hope you will too.

      Big Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  5. Hi Tina,
    This is just beautiful, and the technique is wonderful.
    Maureen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Maureen, lovely to hear from you.

      Big Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  6. Rose in Chester29 April 2015 at 01:39

    Hi Tina,
    Certainly like it, it's lovely. Must do more with those mica powders................
    Beautiful use of the dies , colours gorgeous, butterflies enchanting (when are they ever not??). Just a lovely card, what a lucky recipient.
    Hugs, Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rose

      Thank you. I love using the mica powders but they do photograph quite dark, in fact the card is all very light pastel colours. It will be card to go into yet another box for storage. There's no ones name on it . Hey Ho!

      Big Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  7. Oh! My! Word! Tina another STUNNING card, love, love, love it.
    Everything is so beautiful, the floral background is amazing.
    Did I tell your I LOVE it????
    Have a great day
    Hugs
    Patricia xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Patricia

      I got the message, and it was absolutely lovely. Thank you

      Big Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  8. Good morning Tina Wow a gorgeous card & so pretty I love it. The background EB folder Die's Mica powder all stunning love it all
    Hugs. Lynda xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynda

      Thank you for your lovely words, glad you like it.

      Big Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  9. Hi Tina,
    Another lovely card and I really like the stamp! The effect you have achieved by using the Mica Powders is beautiful. It is rather soft and gentle! Hark at me!
    I love it anyway !
    Love Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myra

      I love your soft and gentle comment, and Thank you for liking my card. I completely cut the stamp to pieces to achieve that effect. I only hope CE won't ask for it back, cos the other bits went in the bin. Whoops!

      Big Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  10. Thanks for sharing such information with us due to which my several concepts have been cleared. Alternativ till BC

    ReplyDelete