Monday 12 February 2018

Birthday cards 1&2

Hi my blog friends

Well, I'm sat here in my workroom all 3 cats snoozing and Half Pint is sleeping in between me and the back of the chair. It's just turned midnight. Paul has just gone to bed and said he has had a wonderful birthday with Phoenix Claire, Toby and my sister. It was only marred by Craig Pia not being able to make it as Craig was unwell. I have spoken to him after everyone had gone home and he was feeling a little better. I really love this time in my workroom when the house goes quiet and think of the busy day we had and all the cuddles with Phoenix. It felt like my birthday too. 

As promised 2 birthday cards, 3 more to come. 2 for Claire for next Sunday and 1 for my sister Chicky.

Can I first start off by saying that I dislike making man cards sooo much. Paul doesn't like football, cricket, will tolerate golf, and I won't encourage him with a Sue Wilson Man Grill Bar-B-Q as Paul has to be the worst Bar-B-Qer. He likes everything microwaved first so that it is cooked through and then it goes onto the Bar-B-Q until black. My homemade bar-B sauce unrecognizable when cooked, it's just black. When we are all sat eating his food and having a laugh everyone has black speckled teeth, not a good look!! Hey Ho!, I digress.

I used my new Go Press & Foil machine for the sentiment ob the cards which I'm really quite impressed with, although the machine I had for Christmas kept turning it's self off which was a complete pain, so I phoned the company and they sent out another machine within 2 day's, they were brilliant, ( Crafty Devils ). I digress again. If you're bored please just go straight to the cards. I cut and embossed a picture frame and thought I would do it twice for strength but picked up the smaller frames instead. I was getting so frustrated I thought that will just have to do but, I thought that doesn't look too bad so stuck some pads on the back and attached it to the larger frame. Happy accident maybe? I have also succumbed to Pixie powders. I used red on red for the bottom of Paul's card and it had a black accent to it. When it had dried I then scored the card. I also used pixie powders for the balloons on the Grandad card too and I'm going to use them on at least 1 of Claire's. I hope it doesn't get too monotonous, and get pixie powder overload.


Here Goes!













 
OK that's Paul's card, now for a more fun card for Grandad.

















Well that's it for this post. I hope you liked the cards. It's flowers for Claire's cards in the next post. Really looking forward to making them again.

See you all soon.

Love & Hugs

Tina XX

16 comments:

  1. Morning Tina, so pleased you all had a lovely day celebrating Paul's birthday, I am sure that Craig was disappointed not to be there but he was wise not to pass anything onto Phoenix, could it have been cuddles overload, I bet you were all in seventh heaven with him.

    Now as to these 2 cards, they are brilliant, the red one is amazing, I absolutely love the frame you have made, would love to see a step by step on that one, it looks as though you have a couple of lights in the background, and the rich redness of the pixie powders is stunning, I bet he loved it. Then you have granddad's card, oh those balloons look wonderful, I bet he keeps this card in his treasure box xx

    Stay safe, healthy and happy, hugs, June Smith xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Evening June

      Thank you June. I was so worried about putting the red one on my blog. It looks better in real life than in the pictures. I really wish I hadn't dropped my old camera as it took better photo's than my latest one. I will do a tutorial, gosh I haven't been asked to do one of those for a while. I'll try and get it on the blog the same time as Claire's card.

      Spoke to Craig today and he was feeling much better, thank you June X

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  2. Two fantastic cards Tina. I love using Pixie powders they are so fun to use. I am the same as you when it comes to making men's cards so any inspiration I can find is great. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Marie

      Aren't the other gender a pain when it comes to cards! Glad you liked the 2 cards. I'm using pixie powders as I talk, just really hooked.

      Thank you Maria
      Love & hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  3. Two lovely cards. Thank you for sharing these.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Littlelamb

      Thank you so much Littlelamb

      Love

      Tina XX

      Delete
  4. Two great cards for Paul. Don't you just love the fun with pixie Powders?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi SuzzieQ

      Thank you, glad you liked them. I'm using pixie powders now for Claire's back ground. Have never had such messy hands, but it's just such good fun.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  5. Glad to see you back to your best. Gorgeous cards and looking forward to your flowers, they are always so beautiful. Hugs Theresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh Theresa, Thank you. I hope I can do your comment justice at the weekend.

    Love & Hugs

    Tina XX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Tina,
    I think I said I was about to leave a comment here on Monday afternoon! Well the dreaded lurgie hit me and to use a cricketing term - hit me out of the ground!! I’m beginning to come round today and I’m actually dressed today!
    Your cards are all lovely and I’m interested in this Foiling Machine because it looks much less complicated and more versatile than others around. It really does add something to a Sentiment doesn’t it!
    Thanks so for the idea of making balloons from Pixie Powders! Great idea . Looking forward to the next batch!
    All these little asides( digressions) are for our help! Don’t worry about that. We are all the same! Sorry if I’ve offended anyone!! Lol!
    Lots of love, Myra xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Myra

      Really sorry you have gone down with the lurgie it's a real nasty bug. Claire has been fighting the sore throat and cough for 5 wks now. she's been back to the doctors twice now but they won't give antibiotics as they say it viral. There's nothing like a PJ day but you've got to feel well to enjoy it. Look after yourself Myra.

      I digress sometimes and I can't even remember what from. ( there's just no help for me ).

      Next batch of cards Fri/ early hrs Sat.

      Really hope you feel much better soon. Take care

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  8. Hello Tina,
    I'm so sorry that I haven't been in touch for a while but I've looked back at all the posts and I now feel up to date. The cats and half pint are so sweet. I'm glad you've had such a good time with Phoenix but sorry to read that he has a milk allergy.
    Your cards are beautiful, Paul's is so elegant, I love it.
    Take care, lots of love
    Maureen xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Maureen

      Glad you like my menagerie, they are my working colleagues. Squeak loves laying on my cutting plates especially when I'm trying to use them.

      Thank you for the comment on Paul's card I really wasn't too sure about it.

      Claire Phoenix & Craig are over for lunch today so more cuddles.

      Talk soon Maureen

      love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete
  9. Tina. Two great cards for Paul. He will treasure the one from Phoenix and Evie. Of course he loves your one as well. It’s a great design.
    Yes I can just see your fur babies taking up important places beside you in the work room. Enjoy those cuddles. I am lucky as both grandsons still give me hugs every time I see them. At 13 big one Now towers over me but still gives a hug.
    Hazel xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hazel

      Paul did love the card from Phoenix & Evie and said that it's going straight into his memory box although it's still on display he won't pack it away.

      Iy's OK having my furry friends in my room but I have to hoover my desk every day and wet wipe them down too just to get rid of their fur.

      Oh Hazel, is it awful being the smallest adult in the family. I'm alway's being called short-arse by my family. I think I'm shrinking.

      Love & Hugs

      Tina XX

      Delete